Review of Little Women: Mermaid Edition by Megan Lois Whitehill

 A retelling of Louisa May Alcott's Little Women set in a fictional mermaid universe? Jo, Beth, Amy, and Meg with tails? If this intrigues you, try Little Women: Mermaid Edition by Megan Lois Whitehill!


Just look that that cover! It's so pretty! 
I might even buy a print copy for myself purely for aesthetic reasons. 

As a long-time fan of the source material, I was both excited and skeptical about this one, but I am so glad I kept an open mind! Whitehill was able to take all the charm and passion from the original and put her own fantasy spin. The storyline follows the original almost exactly with changes made to reflect the setting (like Meg twisting her fin instead of spraining her ankle at the dance). I particularly enjoyed the author's version of Laurie and found myself in love with him all over again. 

I can honestly say I have nothing negative to say about this book, and that's a big deal! 

This would be a great read for elementary or middle school students who are wanting to dip their toes into classics while still reading a fantasy story or for long-time Alcott fans who want a twist on an old favorite. I'm considering ordering a copy for when my fairy-tale-obsessed youngest niece gets a little older. 

10/10 would recommend! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review of Don't Call Me Kit Kat by K.J. Farnham

Welcome!